ENI achieves record output from Egypt’s Nooros gas field

18-03-2018 09:38 PM

Mariam Adly


The Italian oil and gas giant Eni has said that it reached record production from its Nooros gas field, offshore Egypt, of 32 million cu.m. per day.

This production level represents the highest ever recorded by an Eni field in Egypt in the last 50 years and would equate on an annualised basis to 11.7 billion cu.m/yr.

Eni said that level of production was reached thanks to the start-up of the NW-7 well, the thirteenth drilled within this field.

In the Nile Delta concession where Nooros is located, Eni holds a 75 per cent stake through its affiliate IEOC Production BV, while BP holds the remaining 25 per cent.

The Italian major has been present in Egypt since 1954, is the country’s main producer. It is already producing from phase 1 of the mega gas field Zohr 400 4.1 billion cu.m/yr.

Watani International

18 March 2018

(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)

Comments

comments