Why is love so uniquely central? and why do we believe that God is Love? I wish I could answer these questions by searching my soul !!
Here are some of the pearls that I received from other people:
• Intelligence without love can make you perverse.
• Fairness and justness without love could make you inflexible and stern.
• Success without love may turn you arrogant.
• Wealth without love makes you mean and tight fisted.
• Diplomacy without love can make you a hypocrite.
• Poverty without love may transform you into a radical.
• Beauty without love could make you capricious.
• Authority and power without love can lead to tyranny.
• Labor without love turns you into a slave.
• Naivety without love deprives you of values.
• Prayer and worship without love turns you into an egotist.
• Faith without love turns you into a fanatic.
• Bearing your cross in life without love becomes a terrible burden.
• Life without love loses its meaning.
• A God who is not Love is too terrifying to face!
This is just a beginning in recognizing love by its absence! Now it is time to ascend a higher level of understanding by looking- for instance- deeper on to the One whose beloved disciple dared to proclaim that He Is Love.!
Anonymous reflections, slightly altered by Amin Makram Ebeid